Gerrit and Elise

Gerrit and Elise

Monday, January 9, 2012

The last 5 days.....

I'm sitting here watching Gerrit squirm and wiggle in his little bassinet in the hospital room and I could not be more thankful to have him in the same room with me so that I can see him, pick him up, love on him whenever the feeling moves me. I do so wish we were at home in the same room though. We will be there in 2 more days. I am so thankful for our amazing daughter, who has been better than anyone would ever expect a 3 year old to be. She is sad and misses mommy and tells me that every day, but she and daddy have been doing really well holding everything together while I'm here concentrating on our new addition. Chris has been playing mom, dad, cook, organizer, and whatever else I ask of him. Such an amazing dad and husband he is. I couldn't have hoped for anyone better. Our friends have been so amazing helping us with Avery and bringing food, coffee, etc. I know Avery is having more fun this week playing with all her friends than she would be if we were at home adjusting to our new life. We are so thankful for all the blessings in our life. And with that sappy little post, here are some photos from the last few days....

Proud big sister!
Enjoying a delicious meal prepared by daddy.
Both of my babies all ready for bed!

Having some happy, awake time already.

Having lots of fun with one of her best buds.

First bottle from dad.

Our silly princess.




1 comment:

sarahsarion said...

Congrats from the Sarions!! Gerrit is so, so cute.